ABOUT BE BRAVE.LOSE THE BEIGE RETREATS
Be Brave. Lose the Beige encourages Lady Boomers (and anyone else who will listen) to live their lives colorfully, creatively and with fun. At Be Brave. Lose the Beige we conduct retreats and workshops geared toward Lady Boomers (women of the Baby Boomer generation). A key component of Be Brave. Lose the Beige is “exercising” our creativity. As adults, we have come to recognize the validity of exercising our bodies and minds, but somehow once we get past the age of ten, we often start paying less attention to our creative muscles.
Creativity can certainly represent the creation of music, poetry and the visual arts. But it can also be a life choice. It can be doing mundane things in a novel way making one’s life richer and more fulfilling. Creativity exercises and techniques help develop creative and strategic thinking skills which are a critical 21st century skill set for students and employees. Be Brave. Lose the Beige will help you or your group explore creative methods and techniques; identify attitudes/negativity blocking creativity; and conduct exercises promoting and enhancing creativity.
“There is no doubt that creativity is the most important human resource of all.” Edward de Bono
Be Brave. Lose the Beige Workshop topics include:
- True Colors Assessment- Using the metaphor of color, True Colors helps people identify their personality type and communication style, much like the Myers Briggs Inventory.
- Six Thinking Hats- Making decisions from a color point of view
- What’s In Your Empty Nest? It’s a question we ask ourselves as our nests empty (and possibly refill with aging parents or adult children) and we rebuild them to make room for our own dreams.
- Purse Chaos. What kind of baggage are you carrying around? An analysis of the contents of one’s purse produces some surprising and revealing findings.
- Flower Power- Flower Power was a symbol of the 1960s. As we find ourselves aging into our 50s, 60s, 70s, how can we creatively spend these years? Guiding ourselves into and through retirement.
- Beauty and the Beach- a beach retreat. Summer is a perfect time for discovering your own playful spirit. Take an independence day free from worries and responsibilities.
- Seasonal sessions such as, “Om for the Holidays” featuring an image of yogi Santa seated lotus position encouraging us to breathe through the frenzy of the holidays. Participants are encouraged to consider what their ideal holiday would look like and how to be more reflective of the true meaning of Christmas; or journeying Into the Wilderness of Yourself; a time for contemplation and reflection during the Lenten season.
- Relationship Workshops such as mother-in-law and daughter-in-law sessions; parent and child; husband and wife.
If you are interested in participating in a Be Brave. Lose the Beige retreat or workshop contact us at email@example.com
or call 407 310-7613 or 407 761-9125